Sunday, September 6, 2026

Back to School Night

 



I really try to make this evening as simple as possible for my families. I have 3 goals for the evening: meet and greet, collect supplies, explore the classroom and school. We are lucky enough to have Assessment Days set up by the district to conference with families and assess each kindergartener before the first day of school. Since I have this time I'm able to meet the goals I have for Back to School Night.

Here's my set up!

At there desks I have some items to take home. This year our school wanted a specific form filled out but typically I do not have them fill anything out on this night. I like to keep it simple. I send home their bag for extra clothes, a flyer about me, instructions for the evening, Assessment Day reminder, and a treat from me!




I like to collect certain school supplies as community supplies. It makes organizing supplies so much easier. I have families drop off items in labeled crates and everything extra they can put in their desks.




I also have a "Donation Station". I print out items we need for fun snacks and projects on address labels and stick them to thank you cards for families to take if they'd like to help out our class. I've always been blessed with generous families and it has made our year a "sloth" more fun ;)


With families following instructions I don't have to repeat myself much and I'm able to chat with families and learners. After they are done in our room I do have them practice using the school bathroom and they can explore the rest of the school. 

Simple! Happy Back to School!!


No comments:

Post a Comment